Sunday, August 14, 2011

Ceviche from The Lime Truck

After a long hiatus, I'm back with a brief post. On Friday, The Lime Truck came to my work place for a few hours. With all of the hype, would it be worth it????

I was debating back and forth..go for the pulled pork tacos at $4 or blue crab ceviche at $10. I know steep right!!! Sigh... However, I'm a bit of a sucker and decided to go for the ceviche. Try it once especially when I heard they were going to be on The Food Network Great Food Truck Race. I also decided to do the limeade since part of the $ would go to charity.

What I got was a lot of scallops and real crab meat. It wasn't as tangy as the ceviche I've had before. The chips were like pita chips and there was a lot of sauce in the container that it soaked through. The one thing I was impressed with was that the chips did NOT get soggy which was impressive. They were crunchy until the end. The limeade wasn't as sour or tangy as I thought. Maybe too much ice or sugar for me. :(

Would I try it again...probably not but I'd go for the chips in a heartbeat. I heard the pulled pork taco are good so I'll try that if the opportunity arises again.

No comments:

Post a Comment